Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥'s Reviews > Alpha Bully

Alpha Bully by Renee Rose

bookshelves: new-adult, paranormal-shifter, romance

Bailey is the new girl in town, and to say she doesn't fit in at her new school would be an understatement. Wolf Ridge residents don't like outsiders, and from day one, her fellow classmates treat her like a piece of barely visible, unwanted trash. Well, most of them do anyway.

Cole Muchmore, a popular football player at Wolf Ridge High, takes a special interest in Bailey. He enjoys tormenting her every chance he gets, and unfortunately for her, he's also her next door neighbor. Cole isn't the only member of his family that dislikes Bailey either. His entire household despises her.

Bailey's mother took Cole's father's job at the local brewery. He's been a miserable drunk ever since, and for that, Cole wants to make Bailey pay. Her pain belongs to him, and he won't stop until he makes her scream.

Alpha Bully, the first installment in a new adult paranormal romance series by Renee Rose, is a super steamy bully romance with a hot alpha wolf shifter hero and a beautiful, smart human heroine. Both characters are likable, and because of that, it's easy to feel for them and become invested in their relationship from the beginning.

The banter and sweet moments between Cole and Bailey are adorable, and watching them be vulnerable with one another after witnessing each other's pain and humiliation is beautiful. That's why I feel kind of like a pervert for saying the sex and dirty talk were hands down my favorite parts of the book. 😂 This is supposed to be an honest review though, so there you go.

Though this book is classified as a bully romance, it felt like more of a forbidden romance to me. Sure, Cole bullies Bailey at first, but that changes pretty early on. (About a quarter of the way through) The shifter/human relationship is the primary source of conflict in the story. That being said, I'm a sucker for shit like that too, so it only made it better. I just mention it in case you're looking for a hardcore bully romance where the hero puts the heroine through hell for the majority of the book.

Overall, I enjoyed this introduction to the Wolf Ridge High series, and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha Bully.

September 2, 2019 – Started Reading
September 2, 2019 – Shelved
September 7, 2019 – Shelved as: new-adult
September 7, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal-shifter
September 7, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
September 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Enjoy L💕ve ツ !

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ !"

Thank you! ❤❤

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ !"

Thank you! ❤❤"

My absolute pleasure, L💕ve ツ !

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fantabulous review Jessica!!💋😉👍💝💖

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla Excellent review, chica! ♥️♥️

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Kat wrote: "Fantabulous review Jessica!!💋😉👍💝💖"

Thank you so much, babe! 💋💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Karla wrote: "Excellent review, chica! ♥️♥️"

Thank you, babe! ❤💋

message 8: by Emmy (new) - added it

Emmy Can it be read as a standalone?

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Emmy wrote: "Can it be read as a standalone?"