Kylie D's Reviews > Cold Storage

Cold Storage by David Koepp

bookshelves: action-adventure, monthly-challenges, arc, reviewing-by-request, seasonal-challenges

A fun read, if at times totally unbelievable, but hey this is fiction, and it's meant to entertain, right? And entertain this book does. A fungus that has killed everyone in a remote town in Western Australia has been languishing in a contained facility underground in Kansas. The facility is then concealed, and forgotten, and a storage unit is built on top of it. End of story right? No way, this fungus has ideas of it's own. It escapes it's containers and decides to run rampant.

Two down on their luck security guards are left in charge of the storage units the night the fungus decides to run amok. With the help of a retired military operative, who tried to warn the government about the danger this facility poses, the three have to try to contain the fungus and save the world.

A highly amusing story, complete with deer riding in elevators and exploding cats, suspend your beliefs and enjoy the ride of this one. It wont disappoint.

3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

My thanks to HQ Fiction for an uncorrected proof to read and review. The opinions are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Storage.

September 1, 2019 – Started Reading
September 2, 2019 – Shelved
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: action-adventure
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: monthly-challenges
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewing-by-request
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: seasonal-challenges
September 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Great review, Kylie. Love the introduction.

Kylie D Dale wrote: "Great review, Kylie. Love the introduction."

Thanks Dale :D

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Terrific review Kylie! :)

Kylie D Thanks Nicola 😊

message 5: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Great review, Kylie 💖

Kylie D Thanks Felicia 😊

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara This sounds like my kind of story. I love books where something runs amok. 😊🌹🌺

Kylie D Barbara wrote: "This sounds like my kind of story. I love books where something runs amok. 😊🌹🌺"

You'll love it then Barbara :)