Michelle Fritz PA's Reviews > The Monster Ball: Year 2

The Monster Ball by Heather Hildenbrand

When you're in the mood for frivolity and daring adventures, it's time to go to the ball! Snatch your invatation from the moonbeam and prepare your attire! This year's edition is going to thrill you!

Eternal Magic
What a story! Darkness and light mix together and create something magical! You can't help but to be drawn into the lush surroundings and mystical happenings! I adore magic wielders and this author did a superb job with these characters! The fireworks bring out the ending that you need to read!

As You Wish
What is the life of a genie really like? It's a lonely and depressing life. We meet Ryan who wasn't always a nice guy. At the ball he meets a lady and by the end of his tale, he makes a promise to himself.

Twisted Tides
I loved this story!! With the elements of will true love save the day, magical abilities and a hint of betrayal, this is one tale that you'll be eagerly reading! With the entertaining antics of other supes and the daring and dangerous atmosphere perfectly detailed here you'll see the stories merge here and there and it's just utterly brilliant!

Shade of Danger
Nord and Lina were ah-mazing characters!! I loved them and how beautiful they were together! There is nothing more alluring than the perfect protector and Guardian! Lina was most definitely a character that I cheered for! I so wanted her to have all the things and all the experiences! Nord was just delicious and delightful! I cannot wait to read more about them!

The Banshee's Song
Very interesting and entertaining! I've never come across a Banshee tale before. I loved the history involved in this and that this included the ball, but wasn't centered around it. With twist and turns this keeps you upon your toes. Anything with Fae in it captures my attention.

The Black Rose
This was a very daring and dark tale, even a bit disturbing. I found it was superbly intriguing wondering just who the guy was addressing all of his thoughts to. This had very brief M/M and F/F action. I think the manner in which it was written was brilliant, it was almost like a love letter.

Lost Imprint
This had a very interesting opening setting. Supes are a known thing and being a human isn't a lot of fun, or good for your health. The title of this is definitely a huge part to this! I love fated mates and what better time to meet then at the Monster Ball? Loved how family is who you choose them to be.

Agents of Night
So this begins with "Agent X-cuse Me?", and you just know this is going to be epic! With a missing memory and a few tattooed hotties in the mix, this will keep you guessing. What is the truth and who should our girl trust? Loved the epilogue!

Royal Blood
A giggly princess makes her first appearance at the ball. She longs for a bit of freedom and meets some daring and dangerous men.

Turning the Tides
What a sweet and wonderful addition to this year's Monster Ball! I loved Ada. Her fierce love for her family and determined drive to retrieve what was taken is so endearing! Henrique was a bit dangerous and a bit passionate. This didn't have a lot of steam, and I'm totally fine with that because this was so well written.

From the Shadows
This was about a girl who can see ghosts, but instead of helping them, she just ignores them or friends them. She goes to the ball and of course meets her perfect match. There is some trickery invloved and it makes things complicated.

Spies Like Us
This was about supe spies! Very intriguing idea! Gotta love it when the perp really is a terrible being. Makes it so much easier to dislike them. The girl in this almost makes a bad choice, but she redeems herself.

Assassin's Match
Ahhhhhhh! This was everything!!! I've longed to see Alexie and Tansy find their way to each other!! What a wonderful place for that to happen, the ball! I absolutely adore the world that one of my fave authors has created and bringing the Monster Ball into the mix was brilliant! I've got all the feels and girly squeals happening here!!!

A Note From The Proprietor
This was a very exciting glimpse into The Proprietor! We even see the bartenders enjoying a little down time where their personalities really come out to play!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster Ball.

Finished Reading