Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Silent Prey

Silent Prey by John Sandford

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, psychopath, series, suspense

Silent Prey follows Lucas as a consultant this time for the NYPD.

Lily Rothenburg comes to Minnesota to ask Lucas to come to her city to catch Bekker, the deranged criminal from Eyes of Prey who escaped during his trial to NYC. Dekker is not only killing his victims but he's also publishing articles about his "medical findings".

For her part, Lily wants Lucas to help her with her own investigation into a group of possible rogue cops nicknamed, Robin Hood who are murdering people who they consider dangerous. When one of Lily's cop friends, Walter Petty, who's investigating Robin Hood gets murdered, it makes it personal for her.

Silent Prey was easy to enjoy. Even though I haven't liked Lucas because of his philandering ways, he's starting to change or at least he's trying. He's still an arse but not a complete one. He does make me laugh and he's a true detective. I like how he pieces things together and he always gets to surprise me with something.

I wasn't a fan of Bekker and in this one, he was even weirder. I have no clue how a psychopath like him who was always high on so many things could even move, let alone plan and abduct anyone.

The Robin Hood storyline was much more interesting to me than the Bekker one. Sandford made no one safe and that kept my interest going.

I've decided to stick with this series and hope for the best.

Cliffhanger: No

3.75/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Prey.

August 25, 2019 – Started Reading
August 25, 2019 – Finished Reading
August 31, 2019 – Shelved
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: psychopath
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: series
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review! I hope the next one is better. 💜

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Great review! I hope the next one is better. 💜"
Thank you, Melissa. I think it does. There's like 20 more to read!!!