Kira-Richelle's Reviews > Velocity Weapon

Velocity Weapon by Megan E. O'Keefe

Oh. My. God. I didn't know if it was possible for a book to get better and better with every turn of the page but Velocity Weapon is the primary proof of concept. Twists, turns, betrayals, alliances—this book keeps you guessing at every turn and gives absolutely nothing away.

Futuristic landscapes, multiple plot lines, rogue AI, POC characters; this book has it all. What is so impressive is how O'Keefe creates an entirely new space-centric setting for her novel. So often do sci-fi novels borrow from earlier iterations (Star Wars, Star Trek, and Dune to name a few) but O'Keefe crafts an entirely new reality on her own. It's impressive, tantalising, and entirely believable. She details just enough to let the reader fill in the rest without being overly explicit.

There were times that the timing of the chapters (indicated in standard years) was a bit hard to follow. It was obviously necessary at the beginning of the book, but it got progressively harder to track when and where certain events were happening. There were also storylines that didn't get enough attention in this book and certain events that are still unclear. (view spoiler)

I'm so thrilled that this is the first book in the series—I'm sure the novels to follow will provide just as much thrill and intrigue as this one did. I cannot wait for the next one to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Velocity Weapon.

August 31, 2019 – Started Reading