Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > The Rabbit Hunter

The Rabbit Hunter by Lars Kepler

47207032

bookshelves: bookstagram-made-me-do-it, from-publisher, recommended
Recommended to Chelsea by: Crime by the Book

As the card carrying president of the Lars Kepler fan club, it is my duty to let you know that our favorite married writing duo is back with another winning installment in the Joona Linna series. Writing serial killer thrillers alongside your spouse must be the grandest form of couples therapy, and I think we should all find something that we can do with our partners to bond at this level. Whether or not you've begun the series from The Hypnotist or jumped in later with The Sandman, I do recommend having some previous experience with the series before reading The Rabbit Hunter. Not only are the individual cases being solved in each book fantastic, but the ongoing backstory that is developed within the reoccurring characters is exquisite as well.

Once again, we have the writing team's trademark short chapters, which provide a snappy, fast paced setting within a rather large page count. I think this alone is why I find myself blowing through these 500+ page novels so quickly; it's the quintessential experience of "just one more chapter and then I'll go to bed", until you realize it's 3 am and you've finished the entire book. The Rabbit Hunter also chugs forward with Joona and Saga's ongoing trials, and these dispersed between the hunt for a demented serial killer built a level of tension that few authors know how to achieve. I never seem able to solve the cases in these books before the big reveal, which is always a satisfying achievement, and The Rabbit Hunter was no different. Can we also acknowledge that no one can do the gasp inducing final page like Lars Kepler? If you're a fan of dark, gritty, and violent thrillers, you need to stop sleeping on this writing duo and devour their books. Come find me when you finish, and we can commiserate over having to wait for the next book, Lazarus, to be released.

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rabbit Hunter.

August 30, 2019 – Shelved
December 14, 2019 – Started Reading
December 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Can you believe I haven't read Lars Kepler yet?! Which one should I start with?

Rach I love Lars Kepler. I’m waiting on the next in the series😀

Chelsea Humphrey Kelly wrote: "Can you believe I haven't read Lars Kepler yet?! Which one should I start with?"

Ah! So, if you don't have time to commit to the entire series (which is understandable) I highly recommend starting with The Sandman followed by Stalker. This one follows both of those and is a great place to jump in!

Chelsea Humphrey Rach wrote: "I love Lars Kepler. I’m waiting on the next in the series😀"

It has taken everything in me not to just order these from Book Depository once they release overseas! Lol

message 5: by Nawal (new)

Nawal I can wait for the next one!

Chelsea Humphrey Nawal wrote: "I can wait for the next one!"

Me neither!