Peter Meredith's Reviews > The Stand

The Stand by Stephen King

Mar 17, 2012

How could this masterpiece have taken me so long to review? This should be everyone's second Stephen King read. Any of his other books(Gerald's Game excluded) would be the perfect appetizer for this literary feast. If you are worried at all about the length of The Stand, let me assure you that when you have torn through the book you'll wish there were a thousand more pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stand.

04/06 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

George Very well put.

message 5: by Lloyd (new) - added it

Lloyd True. I felt that way about this book and "IT" (which is my favorite book of all time).

Stacy It is been one of my all time favorites and has been for years. I know I have read it multiple times.

Randy This ranks just behind 'Salem's Lot on my favorite King books list. You obviously read his later release unedited version. I liked the seven hundred page original, but loved the thousand pager.

Cynthia Hmm. My least favorite King. But end of the world stuff was never my favorite.

Richard I read this and didn't mind it. I liked Misery better because it discusses the nature of the writing process, is a bit more realistic in its portrayal of evil and seems IMHO to allude to King's own writing career.