Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Bourne

Bourne by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Mar 16, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-release, 2012-100-book-challenge, mundie-moms-reviews
Read in March, 2012

Picking up right where Torrent leaves off, Gabi and Lia find themselves awaiting the arrival of their men, Marcello and Luca, along with their armies and Lord Greco. War still rages on, danger is an ever present thing, and someone's life is on the brink of ending. With everything that goes on in this book, I love how Lisa is able to blend together her suspense, love, action and humor. It's one of the things I've come to love about her series. BOURNE made me fall in love with this series all over again. I loved being back in 14th century Italy with Gabi, Lia, Marcello, Luca and Lord Greco. My only compliant is that this book had to end. I wanted more.

One of the things I loved about BOURNE is the dual points of views between the two sisters, Gabi and Lia. This is not something that's featured in any of the other books, and something I thought worked wonderfully for this novella. I loved being able to get glimpsed into both Gabi & Marcello, and Lia & Luca's relationships. I felt like I got to know each of them on a more in-depth level. In the previous three books I got to fall in love with Gabi and Marcello, and this time around I got to do that with Lia an Luca. I completely adore Lia and Luca!! They not only make me snicker, they make sigh over their sweet romance, and complete devotion to each other.

Lisa's writing with this novella is just as stellar as it is with the rest of the series. I love the attention to detail that she gives this delicate, and often times uncertain time period. She has a talent for bringing 14th century Italy to life in this story. The setting is one of my favorite things about these books. I feel like I'm getting a glimpse back in time with it. Lisa also does a wonderful job at making her characters stay as lovable and enjoyable as they've been through out the series. I seriously can't get enough of them, and this time around I was left wanting so much more from Lord Greco. Which is surprising given how he first started off in this series. His character has really come full circle with how much he's changed over the course of each of the books. I can't wait to read more about him in TRIBUTARY, the 5th book in the River of Time Series.

This is a must read for fans of The River of Time series! I am completely in love with this series, and featured it as one of my top favorite reads for 2011. I couldn't read Waterfall, Cascade and Torrent fast enough. Lisa Bergren has created a series that's full of romance, action, love, historical references, faith, friendship, betrayal and so much more. This entire series will make you wish you could take a trip back to the 14th century Italy to spend the day with Gabi, Marcello, Lia and Luca. If you're looking for a series that is full of sweep you off your feet romance, tough heroines, exciting action, and fabulous story telling, I highly recommend picking this one up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bourne.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Katie This was wonderful! Now I'm even more excited for TRIBUTARY! :)

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids Thank you so much KM!! I am even more excited for TRIBUTARY now that I've read this!

message 2: by Ruth (new) - added it

Ruth I had read your blog review of the series a while ago and have happily enjoyed all of the books. I didn't know there was a novella now. Thanks MM!

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids Ruth wrote: "I had read your blog review of the series a while ago and have happily enjoyed all of the books. I didn't know there was a novella now. Thanks MM!"

You're welcome!! I hope you enjoy it :)