Kathy Heare Watts's Reviews > Miss Trouble and the Law

Miss Trouble and the Law by Mariella Starr

BEING MARRIED TO YOU IS THE SAME AS LIVING IN PARADISE!

Another winner by Ms. Mariella Starr. The story is a western historical mystery, suspense, with danger, adventure, along with several interesting characters, and strong chemistry between Clay Montgomery and Marigold O’Rourke. The story will begin in Virginia City, Montana and move to Bearmouth, Montana.

What a shock when a young girl comes in the sheriff’s office, armed, bringing in two dangerous criminals—but then the crooked sheriff turns them lose when she is gone to send a telegram. Not only will she be furious, but so will Deputy Clay Montgomery. He will also send a telegram and have Sheriff Bill O’Rourke ask him to bring his daughter back home.

“I don’t want a bossy, opinionated man telling me what I can do and what I can’t do. I can do for myself.”

The story has the good, the bad, the ugly, and the evil—and it will have Clay becoming very protective of Marigold in a very short time. Clay is shocked at how bold Marigold is, how well she can shoot, and her skills will come in handy many times in this story. When they are attacked, and he is nearly killed, she must get him to a doctor and pretend to be his wife to stay with him so he can recover. It doesn’t take long for these two develop feelings, and marriage is in their very near future.

“I’ll be a good husband, Marigold. “We have a lot going for us, probably more than most do, when they marry. Marry me. For love, and because we have a need for each other, if a couple has both, they are blessed. I know how to handle you. I like feisty girls, and I adore you. I want to keep you with me forever. Marry me, Marigold. Let me be your husband. Let me make you mine.”

“I’m a woman, fully-grown,” Marigold said. “I love you too, and I won’t be treated like a witless ninny.”

Clay and Marigold will return to the town of Bearmouth and Clay will stand up to her Uncle Bill and inform him that Marigold is his wife and his responsibility. When things go crazy in town, he will lay down the law to her about staying safe and listening to him—but when she doesn’t, he isn’t afraid to spank her. Her stubborn ways will have her upended over his lap multiple times.

“Well, I can personally attest that your decision-making skills are faulty, Miss Trouble. I can also attest that those days are over, as long as I’m around. You should have come to terms with it, by now. I’m a spanking man, and you have one coming!”

The story will have several shootings, murders, and things happening in town have it dangerous for a woman to be on the streets. When two Sheriffs are murdered, and unaccounted for, it will be six weeks before a marshall can arrive and Clay reluctantly takes the position to help keep the town safe. When June is attacked and hurt, Henry Morley, mercantile owner, will decide that she is his and move her in his home while recovering—but he isn’t afraid to take a naughty girl in hand too. When those in town try to shun her, he turns the tables on them and their husbands.

“I do like a woman who listens and is reasonable.”

The story has lots of action and adventure that keeps the pages turning with a great cast of characters. I love the strong but feisty woman and the dominant men who love them. There are some mildly explicit sex scenes and plenty of discipline scenes among several couples. The story is a stand-alone and has a happy and resolute ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Trouble and the Law.

August 29, 2019 – Started Reading