Catherine's Reviews > The Debutante

The Debutante by Kate Y MissKatey

With the Queens dissaproval aimed squarely in her direction will she weather the storm and win the prince?

This is the second book in a four book season series and it tells the story of Libby's time at court as a Debutante for the winter Season. But just because shes there as a debutante now rather than a attendant to a debutante as she was in the first book doesnt mean she has an easiertime of it, infact if anythiing its even harder because the competiton for the crown is even tougher than it was last time as both the Princes are taking part.

Again as with the first book When I read the synopsis for this book on WattPad I was sure that I was going to love it, even more so beacuse I'd already read the first book in the seres The Season and now i've read the book I can say I wasn't dissapointed, thus the 4 out of 5 star rating. And because of all the afore mentioned things I have to say that this is a book that I will both reccomend to others and buy it as a gift for anyone I think would enjoy it.

It was great being back in Libby and Prince Andrews love story because they are so well suited that its what you could call a match made in Heaven. Again the authors writing was so captivating and evocative that as a reader you feel as though your experiencing the events along with characters. One of the debutantes that we meet in this book is Pricess Dulcina of Ardalone (learn more about her and her family in The Rebel Prince) who expects to be "crowned" the next queen of Pretania at the emd of the season thanks to a Marriage Treaty that was signed by her Father and the King of Pretania, surfice to say shes not happy when she looses out to Libby.

I loved the fact that Libby was attending this seasons as a debutante as apposed to a debutantes attendant, as she was in the first book, she was still as singleminded, determined, intoreant of
the other debutantes simpering and backstabbing (as well as the general backstabbing within the royalcourt, and doggedly honest as she was in the first book. The strengthening of the relationships between Libby and the Prince and Princess as well as the development of the relationship between
the young prince and Prince Andrews best friend were great.

The one dharacter whos behaviour I couldn't make sense of at all while reading this book was the
King, because it just seemed so out of character for him. It baffles me still furher now I've read
the Heiress Queen, the prequel to the series, as it seems completely out of the relms of what you'd
expect from how he was portrayed in this book.

This book was so captivating that from cover to cover it just couldn't put it down and as soon as
soon as I'd finished reading this one I immediately strated reading the next book in the series The
Rebel Prince (unfortunatley not yet a completed book on WaatPad), because I needed more more more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Debutante.

August 29, 2019 – Started Reading