Deborah's Reviews > The Revenge Game

The Revenge Game by Alice Gaines

bookshelves: amazon-done, bb-done, ng-done

3 1/2 stars

The Revenge Game is billed as an enemies to lovers story but I feel it is more of a second chance romance. Adam and Nicole we boyfriend and girlfriend ten years ago. Things did not work out because Adam was deemed as not good enough by Nicole's father. Adam vowed revenge against her father. First order of business, take her father's hotel, then his empire. Things were progressing until the father dies and Nicole is left in charge. She confronts him about his under handed tactics and wants to call a truce.

This was a bit all over the place for me. The chemistry these two shared was very evident from the start. But there were left over feelings on both sides, and I thought the premise to start up a relationship of benefits was odd-especially with just seeing each other after ten years. With all the leftover hurt feelings, there was no way for those two to just shove their past aside and start fresh. Not to mention the plans on both had in motion. Adam's main issue was with ruining Nicole's father-not her, and he was a bit late in realizing that he didn't want to hurt her. She had been the CEO for awhile now, so I felt it was not believable to me that he wouldn't have stopped this vendetta sooner. Or at least alter his plans somewhat.

I received a gifted copy of the book by the publisher through NetGalley. The rating and review are my opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revenge Game.

August 28, 2019 – Shelved