Amy Alvis's Reviews > What a Scot Wants

What a Scot Wants by Amalie Howard

Imogen is determined never to marry. She's never met a man that should would trust enough to surrender to. When she learns that her parents have betrothed her to Ronan, she is determined to do everything in her power to get him to call it off. Because if she calls off the wedding, she won't get the money needed to help run her woman's shelter.

Ronan learns that his father has betrothed him to Imogen. After getting his heart broken at a young age, Ronan is determined to never marry. But if he calls off the wedding, he will lose the family distillery, which he isn't about to do.

Both Ronan and Imogen change their personalities to those that they think will make the other renege on the betrothal. But both are too stubborn to give in. What will happen when they both realize that they actually like the other. Will their decision to never marry come back to haunt them?

I really loved Ronan and Imogen's story! They way they acted toward one another when they were trying to get the other to cry off, had me laughing out loud. The banter between the two was also hilarious!! I believe this is the last book in the series and I'm sad to say goodbye to the Maclaren crew, but I know whatever Howard and Morgan come up with next will be just as good!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Scot Wants.

August 28, 2019 – Started Reading