Ann Lorz's Reviews > Not Quite Over You

Not Quite Over You by Susan   Mallery

bookshelves: bartender, business-owner, businessman, contemporary, family, humor, series, second-chance, small-town, weddings

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I know, I know, I'm so far behind on this series. Okay, really I was only one book behind but it was out last year. I can only blame it on having so many books to review last year that things got away from me.

I so felt bad for Silver in this book. She had to deal with a ton of hateful people. Personally, I wanted to slap a bitch or two. She would have been justified. Of course, she's nicer than I am and didn't handle it like that.

But for a moment there I had my fingers crossed. Believe me, you'll feel the same way once you read the story.

I totally loved Silver and how hard she worked for her business. She put it first and nose down to the grindstone. The idea of her business is so much fun and there should be business like that in every state. Heck town. I guess I should look to see if there is before I start demanding it. Ha!

Silver and Drew just worked. You know how I feel about second chance romances but since there were kids the first time it worked for me. They both needed to grow up and enjoy a bit of life before they settled down.

I was a little shocked at their shared secret but understood what they did. Doing right sometimes hurts. More happens but I want you to read it for yourself.

You'll enjoy visiting with past characters and really getting into the lives of Drew and Silver. I was happy that he did what he did for her and that his grandfather supported him. Believe me when I say that so much happened in this story. By the end, you'll be like, wow, but won't want it to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Quite Over You.

August 28, 2019 – Started Reading