Helen's Reviews > Heart of the Cross

Heart of the Cross by Emily Madden

2120137

Emily Madden your stories are amazing and beautiful, I loved how you bought three woman to life, how strongly I felt the emotions flowing through them all, the lives they lived the things that happened to them and above all else the strength and courage Rosie, Maggie and Brie show. This is a must read set in three timelines that starts in Ireland and ends in Kings Cross Australia, I loved it.

Rosie Hart is mother to young Jimmy, her husband has already been in Australia setting up a home for her and their son and in 1959 Rosie decides that it is time to make the move, she ends up in Kings Cross and that her husband is not the man that she thought he was, life throws some tough balls for Rosie but she never gives up and is soon earning her keep and finding love.

Maggie Hart, is Rosie’s daughter, she is smothered by her mother’s over protection and moves out at a young age and works in a bar and after a tragedy and discovering that she is pregnant decides that it is time to finally go to university, her relationship with her mother is strained and when it looks like there might be a bit of change with that, another tragedy happens.

Brianna Hart is Maggie’s daughter, Brie is raised by Rosie in Rose Bay and is encouraged to aim high, she becomes a photographer traveling the word covering natural disasters, but when Rosie dies and she is left an apartment in Kings Cross there are a lot of secrets that need to be uncovered.

I am tearing up writing this review, and I do hope I do it justice, because it is such an awesome story, the emotions and characters that we meet along the way, the beautiful woman in Rosie who is strong and caring the tragedies that she goes through and then Maggie, can Brie find love and move into the future with hope for love and happiness for herself and future Hart woman? I have to say that the eulogy from Brie for her grandmother about feathers is just so beautiful. Thank you Emily Madden for a story that will stay with me for a long time to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Cross.

August 27, 2019 – Shelved
August 27, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 29, 2019 – Started Reading
September 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Wonderful review, Helen!

Helen Sharon wrote: "Wonderful review, Helen!"

Thanks Sharon

message 3: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Lovely heartfelt review Helen.

message 4: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Madden Thanks for the review Helen!

Helen Dale wrote: "Lovely heartfelt review Helen."

It is such a beautiful story thanks Dale

Helen Emily wrote: "Thanks for the review Helen!"

My pleasure Emily it is a fabulous story

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Great review. 🌞

Helen Andrea wrote: "Great review. 🌞"