Lori D's Reviews > What a Scot Wants

What a Scot Wants by Amalie Howard

MaClaren Estate, Scotland 1831 "I'm no' marrying a bloody stranger!" Ronan Maclaren, Duke of Duranrannoch and Maclaren Laird said as he was given the news of the bridal agreement his father had left in his will. Can't you just hear Ronan's voice saying that? "When he took a bride, he'd like to feel some spark of affection for her!" To say this grabbed my attention combined with the Scot on the cover is an understatment! If he broke the contract he would lose the distillery he had built up over the last twenty years of his life. But he had a plan forming to make the lady, Lady Imogene break the bethothal so it would not be his fault! Oh yes brilliant minds.
Little did he know that his "bethothed" Lady Imogen, to say the least, was not taking the news well either! She had started a home for women taken advantage of by men after a terrible incident in her past and needed her inheritance to expand an continue. She would lose it if she broke the contract.
Their first meeting was so much fun! Each was trying to come across obnoxious. I seriously could not stop laughing till tears came to my eyes at their antics to make the other think they were so undesirable and back out of the contract. He, kind of a lecher and she a empty headed ninny! Let the Games Begin, indeed!
Seriously I adored this book, but know there are some serious and a little dark elements that come into play that bring Imogene and Ronan full circle as they get to know each other. They each were compassionate and truly only wanted to look out for what meant most to them. But when the past comes back to haunt will they fight for each other?
This author team is amazing and I cannot wait to read more! Trust me, you do not want miss this one!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Scot Wants.

Started Reading