Tari's Reviews > Murder Makes Scents

Murder Makes Scents by Christin Brecher

bookshelves: preordered, 2020-ebooks

Wow this was good! What did a murder in Paris and international secrets and spies have in common? Stella's mom Millie, who was unwittingly involved in having something top secret. This got really exciting, and I couldn't put it down. I can't say a whole lot for fear of giving away the good stuff, but Stella once again was on the trail of a killer after witnessing a man dying in Paris before she and her mom left. They thought they'd left those troubles behind...

I like where Stella and Peter are in their relationship, they're really sweet together but haven't really had much time in just four short months to get to know each other very well. The worst part was having to leave Peter as well as Stella's police friend Andy out of what she was investigating. The adventure played out like a fast spy movie and kind of incredible at that. Who knew that she'd face the killer at the most unlikely place.

Millie was never one to stay put long, so she was back at another destination after Stella and all her friends and Millie had celebrated Stella's thirtieth. I'm so anxious now to see what kind of adventure Stella gets into next and whether her mom will be in it. She's kind of a crazy lady, but I like her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Makes Scents.

August 26, 2019 – Shelved