Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog's Reviews > The Nobody People

The Nobody People by Bob Proehl

4432057

liked it

This took me way too long to read and I'm not sure why. I love the X-men so this type of book is up my alley. I think there were so many characters that it started to make my head spin a bit and there were things that just didn't suspend my disbelief totally.

Avi Hirsch is addicted to adventure and danger. He has traveled the world as a reporter until an IUD took his leg. When he discovers the world of Resonants he finds his new calling. However there comes a point where they turn on him and I'm still not quite sure why. Emmeline his daughter is a resonant, and a powerful one, no one really says what exactly she can do until late in the book and still I'm not quite certain of how it works. Then there are all the other Resonants that play a significant role in this story and the main antagonist who is a resonant who literally just devours people and things. He feeds them to what is termed the null but he is following the wishes of someone else - a dark entity in his head.

Of course after the Resonants go public the government goes into a frenzy and there are hate crimes galore and military camps set up, people snatched off the streets, and talk of registration and legal internment camps.

This is the first book in at least a 2 book series. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I really hope that Proehl can tie some of these lingering questions together in the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nobody People.

August 26, 2019 – Started Reading