Carvanz's Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

20266662
What a stunning conclusion to this series! I couldn’t imagine a better way to end things.

description

Nadya has eeked out as peaceful of an existence as she can since her time with Vladek. But when Uriel arrives at her home in need of her assistance, her life is thrown directly into the battle of good and evil. Uriel is unable to forget the last time he saw the witch, Nadya. He doesn’t trust her kind but the more he gets to know her, the more he realizes that perhaps he has judged her unfairly.

’He was created to exact justice on evil.’

description

Oh my, how my heart went out to Nadya. What horrors she has lived through, yet she was so strong. Extremely strong, even as she feared Uriel and all that he made her feel. And especially when she takes a stand to bring down the demon king that marked every faucet of her life.

”It’s just that…sometimes…the past can leave scars that dig too deep. That can never be erased. And so, we have to be content with a half-life once we’ve flown our course and made it through to the other side without burning.”

I’ve been waiting for Uriel’s story since I first met him so long ago. He definitely lived up to all my expectations. After his time as Lisabette’s captive, his heart has hardened and all he lives for is complete vengeance upon Vladek. He’s pretty stony going in, but his warming towards Nadya captured my heart completely. And it doesn’t take long for that warming to turn to total conflagration.

* ’My, how I’d fallen so fast. Thousands of years in this world and no mortal or immortal had clawed inside of me like the lovely Nadya.’

* ’When I wanted something, I didn’t give up. I only hoped Nadya was ready for my kind of perseverance. Because claiming her and making her mine was quickly eclipsing all other goals in my life.’

description

One of the most beautiful moments I think I’ve ever read was when Nadya shares her greatest shame with Uriel. His response is what romance is all about. This moment, this scene, is the true magic of this story and worth reading this book for if not for any other reason. But there are definitely so many other reasons.

With plenty of action and drama, we get to witness firsthand Uriel’s abilities as well as watch the previous characters of both this series and the Vessel Triology come together to fight against evil. I was totally captivated by each action sequence as this author presents us with such a clear picture of what is happening, you’ll feel as though you are in the midst of it all along with this hero and heroine.

description

This is a rich, full story with characters that will consume your heart and mind long after the last page.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

August 26, 2019 – Shelved
October 13, 2019 – Started Reading
October 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Fantastic review, Carla!! I love your pic of Uriel. It's perfect!

Juliette Cross Thank you, Carla, for such a beautiful review! So happy you enjoyed their story.

Carvanz Thank you Carol! I absolutely loved this conclusion and seeing Uriel find his hea.

Carvanz Oh man Juliette! You absolutely killed it with this one!!! Thank you for such an amazing series ending with the hero I've wanted to learn more about and fell even deeper in love with.

message 5: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Fantabulous review Carvanz!!💋💞😉💖💞

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Fantabulous review Carvanz!!💋💞😉💖💞"

Thank you Kat! I hate seeing this series end...but holy heck did I love the way it all went down!