Between the sheets book reviews's Reviews > You for Her

You for Her by Bella Jewel

You for her - The Edge Of Retaliation Book 2
By Bella Jewel

Ok... I didn’t think Bella could top ‘This For That’ (book 1) but I have to say, she went above and beyond in this one . I just loved it, couldn’t put it down .

There was not a lot of s3x scenes but I totally understood why. This was more about uncovering the truth, dealing with a ton of hurt, betrayal and anger so if the Author added a ton of S3xual scenes it wouldn’t have matched the storyline, and for someone that LOVES reading about hot s3x in my books , I really can say I honestly didn’t miss it in this, I was just so invested in the characters it never really crossed my mind.

The was so much ANGST in this story (omg angst is my downfall) I love it . I felt all the feels , I cried quite a bit. Yes it was frustrating as all hell with the back and forth between Tanner & Callie but the Author did her job exceptionally, that’s exactly how we are meant to feel ... frustrated and angry. But that’s real life right? Something tragic happens and that feeling of injustice is taken personally, that’s exactly what happened here . There was no right or wrong , there was just mistakes... huge ones yes and some wrong choices were made but that’s just life. It’s what you do next that matters.

I loved all the ups (there really weren’t many ups) and downs throughout this whole book, the back and forth, hate to like made the story so believable to me . To try and overcome your own sense of personal injustice is hard, to see things from others point of view when your hurting so much yourself would just be painfully hard to do. Putting yourself in other peoples shoes and seeing where they come from isn’t a easy thing to do, the natural part of life is to protect ones self right ?. The whole story from start to finish just resonated with me, it stuck , made me really FEEL and got me thinking hard about the situation. what would I do? How would I react ?

Be prepared to be taken on such an emotional journey ,and be even more prepared for another cliffhanger... I absolutely hate cliffhangers but sometimes they are just NEEDED and I think it was in this book too . Be prepared to sit on the edge of your seat with anticipation, the suspense is killer and the hurt is raw and real .

Congratulations Bella , I adore your writing, your storytelling ability is crazy good and I look forward to seeing what comes next with book 3.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You for Her.

August 25, 2019 – Shelved