Daniel's Reviews > The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right

The Very Good Gospel by Lisa Sharon Harper

10204584

Lisa Sharon Harper has one of the best calls to "SHALOM" I've read in quite some time. She is in the vein of Walter Brueggemann, who writes the introduction for her book.

Harper tackles the issue of the depth of the Gospel. The Gospel isn't about individual salvation alone but the work to see God restoring what he has longed for in humanity all along: SHALOM. This isn't about us getting saved so we can get to heaven. This is about us joining God again in his GLORIOUS work in this world. Through the work of the Gospel we can see shalom truly restored, but we have to get in our own spirits the understanding of the worth of ALL humanity and how Christ's love can direct us in this work.

From regaining worth of self to relationships to genders to races to the physical world to the nations, Harper lays out the heart of God in each situation. It is an incredibly challenging read. One that I found refreshing for my spirit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Very Good Gospel.

Started Reading