Leigh's Reviews > Sink or Swim

Sink or Swim by Tessa Bailey
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
84750321
's review

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, virgin-heroine

Tessa Bailey's writing has changed ever since she involved herself with a certain writing duo. From a marketing perspective I see how this book caters towards that writing duo's audience.

I really enjoyed Runaway Girl and some of her Brazen books but this series is just not written well. I really see the writing's duo influences in this book trying to make it a hot sexy contemporary. She did a great job with making a hot and sexy contemporary with her Brazen books but this book and series is completely different. It is so in your face. The writing isn't up to par with my standards and I know Tessa Bailey can write but I see too much of the duo's writing style and those indie, hot contemporary writing style in this. Everything is being told to me which I do not like. Being told is not interesting. There's no feelings or imagination with being told.
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sink or Swim.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

Finished Reading
August 24, 2019 – Shelved
August 24, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
August 24, 2019 – Shelved as: virgin-heroine

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Isabella.R You have me curious Leigh. I'll be interested to see if I enjoy this or not..


message 2: by Zeee (new)

Zeee  (I Heart Romance & YA) OMG!!! I *hated* book 1 and I never continued with the series!! I didn't like the first book I read by that writing duo and I never picked another one.. the first book lacked character development!! Gaaahh


message 3: by nick (new)

nick I thought I was the only one that noticed the change in her writing style over the years. The writing has gotten worse instead of better. Her Brazen books were so good!


Leigh Isabella.R wrote: "You have me curious Leigh. I'll be interested to see if I enjoy this or not.."

I hope you like it Isabella! It just wasn't for me.


Leigh Zeee wrote: "OMG!!! I *hated* book 1 and I never continued with the series!! I didn't like the first book I read by that writing duo and I never picked another one.. the first book lacked character development!..."

I really didn't like book one either! I thought the writing was sloppy... It read very much like that duo's books but longer. There was no substance to the book!


Leigh nick wrote: "I thought I was the only one that noticed the change in her writing style over the years. The writing has gotten worse instead of better. Her Brazen books were so good!"

Agree! I really enjoyed her brazen books but not much of anything else except Runaway Girl. I tried reading her traditionally published books but the writing in those were so dry.


back to top