Shawna's Reviews > Where the Blame Lies

Where the Blame Lies by Mia Sheridan

liked it
bookshelves: author-mia-sheridan, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-uber-damaged-scarred, romantic-suspense, romantic-thriller, serial-killer-on-the-loose, 2019-reads, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, controversial-memorable-event-scene, crime-mystery-suspense-thriller-fic, dark-suspense, dark-twisted-disturbing-gritty, format-kindle, format-source-kindle-unlimited, hero-protective, hero-sweet, hero-beta, hh-broken-tortured-souls, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-endured-traumatic-past-asurvivor, hh-physical-mental-disability-ill, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-story-angst-drama-galore, hh-story-soap-opera-melodrama, i-read-kindle, i-read-kindle-unlimited, made-me-cry, made-me-angry-pissed-me-off, made-me-feel-manipulated-emotions, made-me-ugly-sob-bawl-like-baby, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, story-plot-jumbled, tearjerker-tugs-at-heartstrings, villain-creepy-azz-killer, villain-uber-bad-nasty, violence-not-for-the-faint-hearted, 3-to-4-stars

3.5 stars - Romantic Suspense

This one is hard to rate/review because my feelings about it are sort of mixed. I was sucked into the story, and the suspense aspect was gripping and kept me guessing.

But the extreme torture and brutality that the heroine endures is graphic and really hard to read about. (view spoiler) I just didn’t feel like someone who endured such intensive, traumatic abuse like Josie did would be as well adjusted, and it never really mentions her receiving counseling/therapy.

I liked the hero, Zach, and I rooted for him and Josie together. I did bawl my eyes out toward the end when (view spoiler). The epilogue was bittersweet and touching, but I didn’t like that (view spoiler) Overall, I liked this, but it’s heartbreaking and gutwrenching at times and not an easy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Blame Lies.

August 23, 2019 – Shelved
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: violence-not-for-the-faint-hearted
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: villain-uber-bad-nasty
September 17, 2019 – Finished Reading
September 18, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-to-4-stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Anne OK Mmmm -- I had higher hopes for this one. Have it on my Kindle already so I'll push forward and see what happens. I'm a big fan of romantic suspense.

☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne} I see you only rated the book a "3" Shawna. Did you think it could've been better? I'm reading it now so I want to get your opinion. I'm halfway through it, and honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. I'm used to Mia's books being OTT, so maybe I'm just expecting too much?

Shawna I just added my review. It hooked me, but it was a very heavy, emotional read.

☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne} Then I hope it gets better. Her book, Savage, was RomSusp also, and I thought it was brilliant!

Michelle Damron I totally agree with you Shawna!

Shawna I read your review, Michelle, and it sounds like we had the same feelings about this one!

message 7: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Great review Shawna! :)

Shawna Thanks, Aisling!