Arabian Rihanna's Reviews > Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl—A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

Mar 15, 2012

liked it
Read in March, 2012

I heard about this book before, but the title discouraged me from reading it, because I thought that "bitches" meant, well, you know, actual bitches. But when a friend insisted that this becomes my "Bible", I thought I'd give it a shot.

The author makes a few valid points. However, I didn't like three things:
1) The movie references. Some of us don't have the slightest clue about Jenna Robinstone in "The Jogging Maid of Honor". See what I did there?
2) The anecdotes. I didn't think the stories mentioned here and there were convincing.
3) The "dumb fox" theory. In other words, be sneaky and play tricks to get what you want from a man. Doesn't that contradict the very idea of being "bitchy"?

Oh, and I don't like the expression "making a man eat out of your hand", like he is some sort of an animal? No. Just. No!

The bottom line of this book, which is an idea I share with every woman in my life - whether she asked for my opinion or not - is: Your life should be self-centered, not man-centered. No man, no matter how precious and loving, should ever become the center of your universe, take your decisions for you or govern your life. You're in control, not some man in your life. In some cultures, the man could be a father, an older brother or even a son.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Love Bitches.

11/26/2017 marked as: read