Ramona's Reviews > Blind Your Ponies

Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West

Mar 15, 2012

While this is not a book I normally would have picked up, I really enjoyed this story to the point where I had several laugh-out-loud moments and shed more than a few tears.

Taken from back of the book:

Sam Pickett never expected to settle in this dried-up shell of a town on the western edge of the world. He's come here to hide from the violence and madness that have shattered his life, but what he finds is what he least expects. There's a spirit that endures in Willow Creek, Montana. It seems that every inhabitant of this forgotten outpost has a story, a reason for taking a detour to this place, or a reason for staying.

As the coach of the hapless high school basketball team (zero wins ninety-three losses), Sam can't help but be moved by the bravery he witnesses in the everyday lives of people- including his own young players-bearing their sorrows and broken dreams. How do they carry on, believing in a future that seems to be based on the flimsiest of promises? Drawing on the strength of the boys on the team, sharing the hope they display despite insurmountable odds, Sam finally begins to see a future worth living.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Your Ponies.