Andrea's Reviews > Headstrong Like Us

Headstrong Like Us by Krista Ritchie

bookshelves: lgbtqiap, m-m, romance

Yes, I did stay up all night to read this why do you ask?

This was good. I’ll be completely honest, there wasn’t a lot going on here, and I think it could have been a novella, but whatever. Slight spoilers ahead!

This book was very focused on Maximoff and Farrow, which okay, duh. But Jane and Thatcher’s books always made sure to show us a lot of the supporting cast, I felt like this book didn’t do that.

What I liked:

- The bachelor party scenes. It was the most we saw of other characters and were the most entertaining, lots of drama!
- The actual wedding scene. Despite what it sounds like, I don’t hate Moffy and Farrow. They’re actually really cute in small doses. The wedding scene was so emotional and I loved the vows.
- Oscar and Jack’s interactions. There weren’t a lot, but I honestly can’t wait for their book. I’m emotional just thinking about it.
- A surprising amount of Girl Squad scenes, I approve.

What I didn’t like:

- I thought the drama with Lo’s new therapist was unnecessary and didn’t add anything
- No Daisy Calloway??
- Lily and Lo fighting the entire book
- Sulli and Beckett didn’t make up 😦

From the blurb I thought the wedding was going to go a lot worse, but everything went pretty smooth. Also the authors hinted that there was a big twist. I’m still trying to figure out what that twist was lol. I don’t think anything too shocking happened, but that might just be me.

I keep changing my review between three and four stars. It should probably be a 3 or 3.5, but I love this ensemble of characters too much. I’m just ready to move on from this couple, and the Hale family entirely for a while.

List of characters that definitely need a book: Charlie, Beckett, Luna, and Sulli. They all need at least 2-3 books.

Paul Donnelly is the only man who deserves rights. He deserves to be happy and find his family, he and Luna are perfect for each other. I have no idea who the perfect person for Charlie would be, but he deserves to find them. Sulli and Beckett have the potential to have amazing polyam relationship with their people, and I’m here for it.

Also, I need a Cobaretti wedding, stat! It will be a beautiful Italian affair.

It sucks that Charming Like Us won’t be out until JUNE, but I at least I have the Bad Reputation Duet to keep me company in two months. Willow and Garrison are coming for you…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Headstrong Like Us.

August 22, 2019 – Shelved