BeeKay's Reviews > The Truth About Cowboys

The Truth About Cowboys by Lisa Renee Jones

Read 2 times

Can sum this review of the “Truth about Cowboys” in three words...I loved it.

First, the characters. I loved Martha, everyone needs a Martha in their lives. I would really be happy to see Martha get her chance at love! 💕 Who doesn’t love the sweet, cookie baking, matchmaker of a grandmother? I think Lisa Renee Jones needs to provide the cookie recipe in the book...I want one of those cookies!

Now our MCs. Oh Jason, with the fine ass in the wrangler jeans (Sigh 😊). That man had more luggage than Kardashian’s going on vacation. He had the world on his shoulders, had been in a craptastic relationship that left him untrusting of women/people, and was sinking in debt because of the ranch. Let me tell you, I thought Jason was a great broody, alpha male and he grew throughout the story. Maybe not as fast as I wanted but he had a lot of trust issues to resolve and I think the author did a good job building his character.

Jessica, well she was the cheese in a shit sandwich, She come home from work to find her significant other screwing his secretary in her bed. Then she tells off a client, which gets her put on administrative leave, and finally my McCheater Pants (Craig), also took her life savings. To say her life is in shambles is putting it nicely! So what does Jessica do? She rents a cabin in BFE Texas to escape.

That’s were our story gets good! There is angst, chemistry and comedy when Jessica and Jason are in the same vicinity. Throw Martha the matchmaker into the mix and you got love in the making! The story kept me entertained, the characters were strong and well developed, the romance was not an instalove situation, but you could almost feel the heat coming off the pages!

So my criteria for a good book is:
1. Great story (that’s relatively believable)
2. Strong hero, that’s not stupid
3. Strong heroine that doesn’t pull TSTL antics
4. Great secondary characters!
5. Great steamy romance

Guess what this book has it all! And it’s a standalone so no waiting on another book for answers! So if you want to save a horse and ride a cowboy (for a few hours), Jason is the perfect H for this journey! Pick this book up today and read it immediately!!! Definitely recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Cowboys.

Finished Reading
August 6, 2019 – Started Reading (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
August 6, 2019 – Shelved (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
August 11, 2019 – Finished Reading (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
August 22, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review ❥❥Brilliant review Yay So glad you enjoyed your read L💕ve ツ