Cecilia's Reviews > Seeking Slow: Reclaim Moments of Calm in Your Day

Seeking Slow by Melanie Barnes

bookshelves: netgalley

Many thanks to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group for providing this ARC in return for an honest review.

This is a purely lovely book. Slow living is my thing, and even though I've been living the slow life for years now, I still found loads of interesting insights and ideas to improve my days.

Seeking Slow covers things such as the challenge of how to slow down in modern life, managing time, learning physical and mental self-care, seasonal living, and others. It is a call to step back from busyness and striving for success and to search out quietness and peace in order that our true needs can be met. It's about being mindful and intentional, paying attention to the things we've overlooked or put aside in our pursuit of success and acquisition, and realizing that we can find time in our days to thrive in joy and simplicity in the midst of our responsibilities.

There's one small section that especially hit home with me, The Art of Waiting. I truly struggle with that. I tend to forget the deliciousness of anticipation and go straight for the momentary high of immediate gratification.

There are suggestions to do a digital detox, to think about our purpose and priorities, to manage our time, to let ourselves play, to let boredom into our lives, and so much more, Seeking Slow is like a manual on how to let peace and calm into our busy lives. Not all of us can step away from the stress of work and family, but we can all find a few moments here and there to find pockets of calm.

Slow living has made a huge difference in my life and there's no doubt in my mind it will improve everyone's life if they give it a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeking Slow.

August 22, 2019 – Started Reading