Tami's Reviews > Finding the Perfect Wave, Part One

Mar 15, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, 2012

I haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 03/15/12
Received my copy last night and hope to start soon. I have 10 others in front plus my current read. Also the author is going to be in my town Saturday doing a book signing. I don't know if I can get off work to go, but I am going to try. 3/21/12
Started yesterday, 4/29/12
Finished last night, 5/1/12

Alli is a surfer girl that lives in Huntington Beach California. Her senior year is coming up and she has the perfect life, the best friend, the hot boyfriend, and the ability to surf all year long. Then her dad gets a job in Arizona, no best friend, no boyfriend, and worse of all no ocean to surf. Tragedy strikes and Alli tries to deal with her emotions while living her new life in Arizona and trying to hold on to her old life in California.

Okay, I thought this was going to be a breezy teen angst type book. I was right but wrong at the same time. I felt Alli's emotional struggles were fine for awhile, but they seemed to go on and on and on all on the same thing. I remember being a teen, it hasn't been that long. I don't think her feelings were too realistic after a while. I did like her friends, and how the author showed teenagers being teens but also being civic minded and mature. You don't often find that in young adult books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding the Perfect Wave, Part One.