♥ Unaeve ♥ 's Reviews > The Desert Spear

The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett

3 stars for the first part of the book..
and not because he is a bad writer or something but just because he put way to much fight descriptions ,fighting trainings and war techniques in a book where i didn't expect it to be,at least not in such an amount.
I love to read fantasy not action or adventure novels..and i get disappointed if i don't get what expected .

The 4 stars are because as up 70% to the end it was a great story again,a page turner with a lot of "normal" action and we learn much about the characters and the development between them becomes clearer .

If not for the last 30% i definitely wouldn't give a thought of reading the next installment.But as it is i will be happily awaiting the next part in the series,which is due in February i believe.

I do recommend this book for lovers of the fantasy genre but i believe it will more appeal to the male population of Brett's readers .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Desert Spear.

March 15, 2012 – Shelved
December 17, 2012 – Started Reading
January 16, 2013 –
15.0% "after the blood-song i finally felt compelled to start reading the second part of the Demon Cycle.So far so good :)"
January 21, 2013 –
26.0% "i almost gave up..it's going way to slow..."
January 24, 2013 –
45.0% "I can't really say that i enjoy this sequel like i did the previous one.Everything is going way to slow for my taste and there are to much of fighting scenes with sooo detailed descriptions and way less character development and stories ...I am still interested what will happen next ,but with so many promising books w8ing for me on my shelves i am loosing my patience and wonder am i just wasting my precious time"
January 26, 2013 –
57.0% "I still don't get the story inside the story...what has the R. girl to do with the whole thing? I suppose i have to be patience a little loner...this sequel asks for a lot of patience from me.."
January 27, 2013 –
81.0% "ah...yes.Got it now..the R.girl involvement..Must say it becomes much more interesting after 70%..but oh boy, it was a long and boring trip to there...and ofcourse as we come closer to the end i wish it never finishes.."
January 27, 2013 – Finished Reading