Simran's Reviews > Dreams of 18

Dreams of 18 by Saffron A. Kent

bookshelves: 5-stars, angsty, dirty-talk, favorites, contemporary-romance, forbidden-romance

5 “ Strawberry Man & Jailbait “ stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

And he’s staring at me with a burning gaze as he rasps, “Something made of moon and magic.”

Wow wow wow. One of my most favourite read this year. I’m completely in love with this author. Her writing is so engaging and unique. The flow of story and the setting of chapters is perfect. The way I imagined the story would be after reading the blurb, it was the complete opposite in a very good way. There was so much depth to both the characters. This book completely surprised me, I didn’t want it to end.

I love a good forbidden read and those are hard to find trust me. This had every element from best friend’s dad trope, age gap to great characters. The chemistry between the MCs was scorching, intense and oh so hot. Some of the scenes were so emotional and heartbreaking. The author handled the mental illness element very nicely, you could understand her pain, her struggle and how she was able to cope with it and became better.

We meet Violet when she’s 16 and sees Mr. Edwards for the first time as he’s moving next door with his son and becomes attracted to him and soon falls in love with him. She watches him for two years, learning little things about him and grows more in love with him all the while his son becomes her best friend. On her 18th bday, she ends up kissing him which leads to a big scandal in her town, making everything fall apart.

Fast forward 10 months, we come to know that Mr Edward had to move away because of the scandal. Violet falls pray to panic disorder, ends up in psych ward, she blames herself for everything that happened and decides to make up for it by finding him and telling him she’s sorry. I loved how she was never gave up even when he was mean to her, it showed how strong she is and so in love with him.

I’ve always, always been in love with him. Since the beginning. Since the very first moment. The very first sight.

Mr. Edward was just as smitten with her the first time he saw her even if she didn’t knew that. I loved reading his chapter, getting to know his feelings, his thoughts. He was the perfect man for her. He was protective, romantic, possessive, intense but most importantly he loved her with all his heart and made her show herself as a strong person. He had his own battles to fight too, there were so many layers to him and how violet brought all those out.

”My soul,” he whispers. “It was my soul waking up. The things that keeps a man alive, came alive in me when I saw you. You woke up my soul, Violet.”

Violet has become one of my favourite heroines. Her story is unique and emotional. She’s a hopeless romantic and owns up to it. They were perfect for each other. This book was one hell of ride with so many adorable moments.

A girl I’ve loved since the first time I saw her.
My beauty.
My Violet.

I highly recommend it to everyone. ♥️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of 18.

August 21, 2019 – Shelved
August 21, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 16, 2019 –
48.0% "Just finished Part I 🤩
Completely in love with their story. The writing is so beautiful 😍"
October 17, 2019 – Started Reading
October 17, 2019 –
77.0% "Can’t get enough of them. 🤩"
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: 5-stars
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: angsty
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: dirty-talk
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
October 18, 2019 – Shelved as: forbidden-romance
October 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Violet Beautifully put review!

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Simran!!💖👍💋😉

message 3: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie A. Great review! I'm even more excited to read this one now! <3

message 4: by Simran (last edited Oct 19, 2019 02:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simran Jade wrote: "Beautifully put review!"

thankyou so much !! Jade 💖👍

Simran Kat wrote: "Excellent review Simran!!💖👍💋😉"

thankyou !! 💖👍

Simran Melanie wrote: "Great review! I'm even more excited to read this one now! <3"

thanks a lot !! Melanie 💖👍
you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Isabella.R Awesome Simran. I loved when he would call her jailbait, it still cracks me up.

Simran Thanks Isabella ♥️ me too and I have so many favourite moments from the book. 😄