"Avonna's Reviews > About Face

About Face by D.E. Haggerty

bookshelves: gifted-from-publisher

Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

ABOUT FACE (Love in the Suburbs Book 1) by D.E. Haggerty is a new romantic comedy/contemporary romance by a new to me author that is also the start of a new series. I love all the characters in this book and cannot wait for more!

Francis “Frankie” McMillan is living it up in the big city. At 35, she is the top event planner in the firm she works for. Life is long hours of work, checking out hip venues while dancing and drinking with her three girlfriends. She is beautiful with designer clothes, stiletto heels and a third floor walk-up.

And then…. she wakes up in the hospital after a horrible car accident with a leg that was barely saved and a two inch scar on her cheek. Upon release, she moves in with her Grandpa and Grandma in the suburbs. Now, she is facing physical therapy and going out in public. She does not want to do either, but she has to learn to walk again to get her job back. Facing the world with her scars has her terrified, but she can hide the scars on her leg with clothes and she always wears a bandage on her face.

She is surprised when her physical therapist is a burly Viking with a beard named Brodie. She also cannot believe that she is very interested in him, but what man wants to be with someone as ugly and scarred as she is now? With laugh-out-loud help from her Grandma, her new best-friend Shelby and Brodie, Frankie learns things about her old life and self she is not very happy with and maybe with the help of some real friends, she just may live happily-ever-after after all.

This is a laugh-out-loud entertaining romance that also has some very poignant scenes. Frankie is on a very sharp learning curve, not just physically but also emotionally. Brodie has his job cut out for him trying to convince this “city girl” that she is still beautiful inside and out. The sex scenes are appropriate to the story and realistic. Shelby, who Frankie meets in physical therapy is a true friend and I love her snark. Almost every time I laughed-out-loud while reading this book is when Grandma makes an appearance. She is “THE BEST”!

I highly recommend this romantic comedy/contemporary romance! You will laugh-out-loud and be cheering Frankie on throughout. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About Face.

August 21, 2019 – Started Reading
August 21, 2019 – Shelved
August 21, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 21, 2019 – Shelved as: gifted-from-publisher
August 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Avonna!!💖😉👍💋

"Avonna Thanks very much, Kat! This is a keeper!

message 3: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Avonna! : )

"Avonna Thank you very much, Aisling!