Patty's Reviews > Down & Dirty: Crow

Down & Dirty by Jeanne St. James

I cannot believe that this series has reached it's end! It's one of the best I have listened to, each story intertwined with characters, having it's own original plot. We end with Crow. He has been in so many of the books, as he is the inkslayer of the DAMC. When Jasmine comes back to town looking for a tattoo, he is the only one that can give her what she is looking for. We have met Jasmine before in Hawk's book, and her tragedy had her mending for several years, but now she is looking to begin a new chapter of her life, and she has a plan that includes Crow. With 12 years between them though, and a history that leaves them both with needed healing, will these two ever get together? Again Jeanne St James has captured my heart with her hero. Each one holds a special place for me, and Crow's tenderness and protectiveness burrowed his way right into me. But while I love Crow to death, the character of Jasmine has captured my full attention. What a life this girl has had, with tragedy endured, she rises above and becomes a full fledged fighter, gathering her wits and coming back to life. And the intermixing of all my favorites coming in and making me feel like I have come home. This series has been an amazing journey, and I am so glad I have taken it!

Once again, St James has found the essence of each character with a chosen voice. Joe Arden is Crow through and through. He breathes life into the character, with the full hesitancy Crow projects, yet throws that overwhelming protective love vibe in. He is amazing. Ava Lucas, who has nailed every female in this series, with a different voice and personality gives Jasmine the initiative to start her life with inflections and emotions with her performance. What a way to end it all! Loved the series, and every one of the 10 narration teams.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down & Dirty.

August 21, 2019 – Started Reading