Jean-Pierre Vidrine's Reviews > Womanthology: Heroic

Womanthology by Bonnie Burton

Mar 14, 2012

With the amazing variety in this collection, there is something for everyone. Superheroes, fantasy, "ordinary" people, humor . . . just about everything is covered here in this women only anthology. Not one page failed to make me smile. The RPG strip that runs along the bottoms of the pages, along with creator factoids and pro tips made for one very diversified and unique reading experience.
The latter part of the book is full of creator interviews and longer pro tips that are sure to be invaluable to up and coming creators. One section of the latter part that found particularly fascinating was the "Women of the Past" chapter, spotlighting female comic creators of the past. Some of these talented women have been forgotten over the years. Maybe this book will help to earn them new generations of fans. They certainly deserve them.
I've never had a comic book collected edition anything like Womanthology: Heroic before. I'm sure I'll find myself picking it up and flipping through it again and again. I hope that when I do, I'll start to recognize more and more of the names inside, as these women start to get the work and recognition they deserve.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Womanthology.