D.K. Hundt's Reviews > Full Throttle: Stories

My favorites:

’Throttle’
’Dark Carousel’
’Wolverton Station’
’By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain’
’Late Returns’ - Loved this one!
’In the Tall Grass’

Thank you, NetGalley and HarperCollins Publishing for providing me with an advance copy of FULL THROTTLE in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Throttle.

August 19, 2019 – Shelved
40.32% "My favorites so far:

’Throttle’
’Dark Carousel’
’Wolverton Station’
’By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain’
’Late Returns’ - Loved this one!"
September 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Michelle Only Wants to Read Is "In the tall grass" a good story in book format? I tried watching the Netflix adaptation and gave up within 40 minutes. I just couldn't. It was terrible.

D.K. Hundt Hi Michelle, I haven’t seen ‘In The Tall Grass’ on Netflix, yet, (part of my plans for this weekend ;) which is one of my favorite short stories in FULL THROTTLE, but may or may not be one of yours. My goto advice will always be: ‘If the synopsis of a book sparks your interest, then definitely read it!’ :)

Michelle Only Wants to Read D.K. wrote: "Hi Michelle, I haven’t seen ‘In The Tall Grass’ on Netflix, yet, (part of my plans for this weekend ;) which is one of my favorite short stories in FULL THROTTLE, but may or may not be one of yours..."

Thanks for your reply. The synopsis looks right up my creepy alley. I was disappointed with the Netflix version because (as usual) King's (and in this case mini King AKA Joe HIll, lol) works rarely translate well to the screen. I stopped watching because I didn't want the ending to be spoiled for me. It didn't make much sense, and I found it boring. I'll be reading it instead :)

D.K. Hundt Hi Michelle, You're welcome. I like to avoid reading the synopsis of books prior to reading them, however, if it's a book I may be on the fence about reading, I will read the synopsis first.

I've been a huge fan of Stephen King's writing for years (decades, lets be honest :) ) and have enjoyed a lot of the movie and television adaptions based on his books and short stories. For example: 'The Body', MISERY, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, THE GREEN MILE, CARRIE . . . I could go on for a while! lol Joe Hills HORNS is good, both the book and the film. I've recorded but haven't watched Hill's NOS4A2, yet! :)

I think it's common when reading short story collections and anthologies, that not all stories will resonate with me, and if they do - Awesome! - if they don't, that's okay too.

Happy reading, Michelle! :)

Kelsey Miller Thanks for your review - I enjoy reading other's takes on short stories. Can I ask why you chose "Wolverton " as a stand-out? It did absolutely nothing for me and I'm wondering if perhaps I missed something. Thanks for sharing.

D.K. Hundt Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for reaching out! Whether reading collections, anthologies, novels, or novellas, everyone’s tastes are different. So, in answer to your question, ‘Can I ask why you chose "Wolverton" as a stand-out? It did absolutely nothing for me, and I'm wondering if perhaps I missed something.’, perhaps you didn’t miss anything, Kelsey, and the short story ‘Wolverton Station’ just didn’t resonate with you, and there’s nothing wrong with that. ;)