Jessica's Reviews > Send Me a Sign

Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt

Mar 14, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, ya

I was worried this would be a Cancer Book. I am a bit of a hypochondriac, and I’m convinced reading all those Lurlene McDaniel books about dying girls as a teen broke my brain a little. But guess what? SEND ME A SIGN is awesome. It’s funny and bittersweet and swoonworthy. Mia is far from a tragic heroine; she’s scared and sad and sometimes she makes bad choices, but they aren’t stupid choices; I always understood why. She’s also engaged in a fantastic love triangle – one of the best I’ve read, honestly! While I had a strong preference myself (I’m always a sucker for boys next door, and guitar-playing ones in particular), I felt like Mia was really lucky to have both of them in her life. And her friends feel so real – all girls that I alternately wanted to slap and hug – each with their own distinct personalities and quirks. I can’t share the entire email I wrote Tiffany when I finished reading the book because of spoilers, but here’s part of it: "It’s so good. Seriously. Amazing. I started reading at 10:30 on the computer while my Nook was charging. Steve went up to bed, I said “leave the light on, I’ll be up in a few minutes,” and it’s now 2am and I’m still downstairs on the couch. I will read it again tomorrow more savoringly but I had to know that Mia would be okay before I went to bed."

Yep. It’s that engrossing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Send Me a Sign.