Eve's Reviews > Scarlet

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Mar 14, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet.

Lisa Shafer Oh. What a shame it has the same title as that awesome new Scarlett book that re-imagines Robin Hood.

message 2: by Eve (new) - added it

Eve Fortunately, they'll be out a year apart so it shouldn't be a huge problem. And my sequel coming out next year is called A Touch of Scarlet. Is that weird, or what?

Lisa Shafer Still, A Touch of Scarlet isn't exactly the same. It won't be confusing to kids like the others will. And, believe me, the two YA books with exactly the same name will confuse junior high kids.

This comes from a woman who, every single year, has to remind her 9th graders that the book on the sci-fi list is THE Invisible Man by HG Wells, NOT Invisible Man by Ralph Elison. There were always kids who couldn't figure that out, so I had to start making them check the books off with me to be sure. I intend to put the first Scarlet on my action-adventure reading lists for 7th graders. Obviously, the second Scarlet won't fit there, so that means more checking off of books so they don't get the wrong one!

message 4: by Eve (new) - added it

Eve Oh, I didn't think about that. I was just watching on old Felicity episode where Ben has done an entire essay on HG Wells' Invisible Man and then his classmate says they're supposed to be reading Ellison's version. Guess it can happen even in college, ha!

Lisa Shafer I bet it can. :)