Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > Midnight Escape

Midnight Escape by Constance Bretes

2043222

Review posted on Got Fiction? blog

Lately I feel like Romancelandia is inundated with dukes and billionaires. It's nice to have a hero not be the over the top version of what we see as a billionaire.

The hero is a crab fisherman and he meets the heroine because he's got food poisoning and she's a nurse. It's not your typical meet-cute, but it's a refreshing change.

But she's a nurse on the run. She witnessed a mob hit, and after the trial, she was at the top of everyone's hit list. But the authorities couldn't keep her safe. There was a leak in the Witness Protection program so she's gone off on her own. In the middle of nowhere Alaska, she should be safe...right?

Can Jax keep her safe?

You can tell the author did her homework. The medical aspects are all spot on and the crab fishing scenes are as accurate as I could tell. (I am not a crab fisherman, though so feel free to tell me I'm wrong lol) The story flowed and the characters were likeable. Let me know down in the comments if you've read this, or if it sounds like it's up your alley!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Escape.

August 18, 2019 – Shelved
August 18, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 19, 2019 – Started Reading
August 19, 2019 –
5.0% "He's a crab fisherman? Cool! Sometimes it's nice to not have a billionaire/Navy SEAL/Duke/FBI Agent type hero"
August 25, 2019 – Finished Reading