Tari's Reviews > Jealousy Filled Donuts

Jealousy Filled Donuts by Ginger Bolton

bookshelves: aug-2019-e-reader-challenge

This series is getting better and better! I just couldn't resist finishing the ARC a week early. I fell in love with these characters in the first book and have been waiting a little impatiently for this book to come out. My own copy will come on release day--the cover is so awesome that I just had to order the paperback of it. I could tell right away that Emily and Brent's friendship was growing, because I didn't notice one of my favorite lines that he always kinda mumbled, "Mmph", when he was deep in thought or didn't want to talk about a case. He was definitely more willing to share with her and accept her help on this case. It was a crazy and fun one too with a side mystery that involved a stalker of Emily and Tom's new employee, Jocelyn. I hope we see more of Jocelyn, and that she stays working at Deputy Donut. She was the perfect addition to give Tom and Emily a much-needed break during the week.

I didn't guess the killer, but I knew who I didn't want it to be. I loved how the book ended with a complete explanation of everything that had been going on, then Emily's parents who liked to RV around the country, returned home for a marshmallow roast at their home campground. It's fun to wind a mystery down with some normal downtime for the characters, and this ending was just right!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jealousy Filled Donuts.

August 18, 2019 – Started Reading