Ashtin's Reviews > The Bewildered Bride

The Bewildered Bride by Vanessa Riley

This was my first time reading Vanessa Riley, and I really enjoyed this book. The Bewildered Bride is the fourth in this series, but it does well as a stand-alone. It was refreshing to read about the diversity of England during the regency era, so I'm looking forward to reading more from this series. However, I'm not a fan of a fake identity plot, and this book did not change my mind on that.

Only a few days after their elopement, Ruth and Adam are attacked on their return home. They are separated, both badly injured, and think the other is dead. A few years later, they find each other again. However, Adam does reveal to Ruth his true identity, letting her believe he is Adam's cousin the Baron of Wycliff. He's determined to win back Ruth's love before she is betrothed to someone else. However, Adam's secrets and enemies mean they have a lot to overcome before they can be husband and wife again.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the advanced reader's copy in exchange for my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bewildered Bride.

Started Reading