Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Passengers

The Passengers by John Marrs

bookshelves: 2019, arc, buddy-reading, fantasy, netgalley, publisher, sci-fi, thriller, traveling-sister-reads, prhpartner

What a dark and possible nightmare!

In the near future, people are using self-driving cars. One day, eight passengers are taken hostages by a mysterious voice. Their routes are modified and they are told they are in a collision course to their death. Social media and a group of selected people are all in charge of selecting the sole survivor.

Who would you pick?

The pregnant female? The husband or wife? The abused wife? Or the man you met once and had a connection with?

The hacker has placed cameras inside each of the cars. He also has cameras inside the Vehicle Inquest Jury, where Libby Dixon is a Juror. Each of the passengers will have a chance to defend their lives as the sole survivor. The only problem is that each of them is hiding a terrible secret and the man behind their abduction seems to know their deepest secret. A secret so terrible that death could be a better choice.

What made The Passengers so exciting and scary is that it could become a possibility in the near future. The idea of self-driving cars is not outrageous any longer. I for one, hate driving, and I'm not sure I wouldn't love a self-driving car. Although, after reading this book, I'd think about it twice. Maybe I'd chose a level 3 and not a 5.

John Marrs does a wonderful job with The Passengers. He gives us great characters, a fantastic plot and at least two very good twists.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

Thank you, Loren Jaggers, Berkley and Netgalley for my complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Passengers.

August 18, 2019 – Shelved
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: traveling-sister-reads
September 1, 2019 – Shelved as: prhpartner

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘"
Thank you, Paulette.

Deanna I hope you love it!!

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "I hope you love it!!"

Jayme Fantastic review Sheyla!

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Glad you enjoyed it Sheyla!

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Martins This one have been on my list! I really need to pick it up :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Fabulous review, Sheyla and I am so glad you enjoyed this one too!

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Fantastic review Sheyla!"
Thank you, Jayme.

Sheyla ✎ Kelly wrote: "This one have been on my list! I really need to pick it up :)"
You should. It was a good one.

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla and I am so glad you enjoyed this one too!"
Thank you, Norma. It was a good pick by you guys!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it Sheyla!"
Thank you, Holly!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘"
Thank you, Paulette."

My absolute pleasure, L💕ve ツ !

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review, Sheyla! I am reading this one now and I am enjoying it. ❤

message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise Broyhill Wow that sounds good!

Sheyla ✎ Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I am reading this one now and I am enjoying it. ❤"
Glad you are enjoying it!!!

Sheyla ✎ Denise wrote: "Wow that sounds good!"
It's a good one!!

message 18: by Christine (new)

Christine Nice review, Sheyla! One I'll pass on though.

Sheyla ✎ Christine wrote: "Nice review, Sheyla! One I'll pass on though."