Hadenmaiden's Reviews > A Shadowed Livery

A Shadowed Livery by Charlie Garratt

Read 2 times. Last read August 18, 2019.

This book is set in England in the days before WW2, so it's a real change from the modern day mysteries in which the 'cast' have the advantages of mobile 'phones and life seemed so much simpler. Detective Given was asked to review a recently investigated case, almost as a break from the stress of a gruesome court case that he had just completed.
Initially the deaths of a young man, his mother and fiancee on a local estate look like suicides, but all is not what it seems.
I enjoyed the book, and it was certainly different to other mysteries I've read. It is the first in a series, but I did feel a couple of times that I must have missed a previous book - there's a lot of personal 'history' explained as the story progresses, and reading it felt a bit like I was being updated in case I missed the previous book.
The story, not unexpectedly becomes more complex with sub plots being introduced along the way. A light read, despite several murders. Thanks are due to Sapere books for providing a pre-release copy for review.
Thank you to Sapere Books, who sent a pre-publication copy for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shadowed Livery.

Finished Reading