Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle's Reviews > The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan

***COMING SOON****

5+ WARRIOR CROWNS

Phew! Every single time I read a Kennedy Ryan book, I sit down my kindle after the final page and just blink in awe. In awe of her talent, her wordsmithing, her ability to weave such urgent social issues, unseen social injustices with these epic romances. I walk away from every one of her books with a new understanding, a new need to help, a new need to share my newfound knowledge, and, last but not least, a new couple to exemplify REAL ( life is hard) LOVE. In short, I feel inspired.

Part of that inspiration comes from these characters. Each with their own drive and passion, it bleeds off the page. Their dialogue and their intellect sucked me in. I believed in their convictions, I wanted to jump into the pages and join them. More than just loving them, these are the types of heroines and heroes I want my daughters to read about, be inspired by. I want this couple to be the example for them, showing them the importance of knowing the past, present and future, of being educated and knowledgeable, of being conscious and respectful, of being accepting and appreciative of all the world and society has to offer.

In addition to these amazing characters we get another epic romance, and I know I seem to say this with all Kennedy Ryan couples, but each one is so unique, so different from the last, and yet the way they all love each other is encompassing, endless, eternal. Her couples, including this hero and heroine, their stories and the way they love fiercely, passionately is the stuff of romances. It is the way we want to be loved, it is how I want my daughters to be loved and love in return.

This story is captivating, the pacing perfect. From the moment they meet and every moment after, each page is filled with emotion, passion, love, trials. It is filled with life, each page seeming to have its own beat and pulse. Kennedy Ryan has composed another must read romance that has me already begging for the final book in this duet. I am that consumed with this story and these characters, desperate to know how it is all going to end.

With a Kennedy Ryan book, I always have high expectations, and she consistently meets them. She writes with such integrity, such honesty that I feel each story in my soul. Her characters, no matter who they are or what their convictions and passions are , are relatable and inspirational. I feel changed when I read her books. I want to be better. Better for the world, for my kids, for society. And this, this is what great literature is about, effecting change, inspiring hope, shining light on current issues. Kennedy Ryan is so much more than a romance writer, she is that (trust me, the romance aspect doesn’t disappoint on any level), but she and her stories are more.

BETA READ

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kingmaker.

August 17, 2019 – Shelved
August 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 17, 2019 –
page 0
"beta"
August 18, 2019 – Started Reading
September 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Javelyn (new) - added it

Javelyn Awesome review.

Sarah Perfect review!!

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle Javelyn wrote: "Awesome review."

thank you so much!!!

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle Sarah wrote: "Perfect review!!"

Thank you!

Amy | Foxy Blogs Sarah, this review is amazing!!!
I can't wait to read this duet.

message 6: by Bea (new) - added it

Bea Beautiful review!!!❤️

message 7: by Joy Avery (new) - added it

Joy Avery Amazing, thorough and inspiring review!