Jena Henry's Reviews > Full Support: Lessons Learned in the Dressing Room

Full Support by Natalee Woods

This is author Natalee Wood’s memoir of how she opened herself to learning from her career as a professional bra fitter. She met many unforgettable women and young, rising girls in the dressing rooms of the high-end department store where she worked. Are you intrigued? I know I looked forward to reading about her job and I found this to be a satisfying read.

Ms. Woods was a young woman when she entered the retail world of ladies lingerie. I was impressed at how mature and understanding she was. She found that her job was more than just measuring a women’s band size and cup size. It was about understanding what the girls and women, young and old, were really feeling. As she noted to a customer, “not many women love bra shopping.” But they did love how Natalee treated them- how she really listened to their needs, whether they were worried about their size, too big or too small, or their husbands or their sexuality.

At first, I found some of Natalee’s observations about feminism hard to follow, and her timelines were a bit jerky, but as the book went on, I really did grow to like her caring and openness. Some of the dressing room stories are humorous or roll your eyes situations and some are sad and puzzling. Some women inspired Natalee, and me, as well. Natalee also shares the ups and downs of her own life.

I liked this book and enjoyed getting to know Natalee and her customers. I recommend this book if you like thoughtful memoirs and if you want to to learn more about French lingerie! Thanks to Net Galley and Amberjack Publishing for a digital review copy copy. This is is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Support.

Finished Reading