Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Close Remembrance

Close Remembrance by Anna Zaires

liked it

I'm glad I finished this series, but this final book missed the mark a bit for me. The most suspenseful aspect for me was the villain (the reveal of whom would have made for a killer cliffhanger for book 2 as opposed to an opening chapter for book 3). Unfortunately I wanted there to be more with the villain. It felt like the scenes with him enacting his nefarious plans (climax scenes) were sort of rushed. They seemed to be wrapped up within a short few pages. His plans were indeed dastardly- there was no disappointment there. But for how terrible they were the implementation felt almost glossed over. I feel like equal page space was given to one of Mia's trips to the waterfall.
I thoroughly enjoy this author's style, and her male main characters. That said, this type of story (sci-fi/paranormal) is just not for me. I still enjoyed this series, namely because Zaires wrote it and made Korum delightfully possessive and alpha, but I do not foresee reading any more books of this nature. It is because of his character that I would recommend this series to fans of sci-fi/paranormal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close Remembrance.

Started Reading