Jessica Alcazar's Reviews > The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan

I haven’t been this awestruck by Kennedy since I read Long Shot. She’s good y’all but this story, this story is significantly next level epic.

Kennedy Ryan’s story-telling skills have power. She weaves a fictional story with relevance. She pulls the reader into the story with her gripping narrative. She gifts us with flawed characters that are relatable. She spins stories that explore society and she does it respectfully and with conviction.

Lennix and Maxim are passionate and strong-willed with pride and conviction for what they believe to be right, but they are not singular. They are not self-serving. They believe in each other’s commitment to do right by the world they live in. This part of their journey is told in three parts and spans quite a few years but you just know from the minute they meet they will be each other’s guiding star no matter how long it takes to connect. Their story is gripping and captivating and I just couldn’t stop reading. It’s explosive in all the right ways and deserves a pedestal to stand on. I finished this story yesterday, yet my heart still beats strong when I think of the pivotal moments in time in this journey so far.

How lucky are we to have such an exceptional weaver of words as powerful as Kennedy Ryan among us? I know I feel lucky because reading this genre makes me happy and she makes it realistic and worthy of my time. If I could spend some time inside her brain ……

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kingmaker.

August 17, 2019 – Shelved