Bryan Nowak's Reviews > The Airship Also Rises

The Airship Also Rises by Katherine McIntyre

The hardest part about finishing any series is having to stay good-bye to old friends. There is a feeling of sadness when the characters that you know and love must inevitably dance off into your “read” pile. Today I finished the last in the Take to the Skies series, “The Airship Also Rises”.

For those of you unfamiliar with the rest of the series, this is the third and final installment in a series including “An Airship Named Desire” and “A Tale of Two Airships”.

Katherine McIntyre is an inspired author. She tells a story which calls you in and keeps you glued. Most important to any novel, are characters who you fall in love with. Most importantly, you grieve when something happens to them.

In this installment, we find our intrepid Captain Bea and her crew plowing the skies in search of something they need more than anything, a future. Plenty of battles, witty dialogue, and exciting steampunk to keep anyone thoroughly engrossed, I keep finding myself wondering if there is yet another adventure for the crew of the Desire at some point.

At any rate, “The Airship Also Rises” is well written and fun. I will miss the crew who will live on in my imagination and will likely be pulled from my shelves to be reread sometime in the future.

Three Cheers for Katherine McIntyre!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Airship Also Rises.

Started Reading