Mojca's Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

Quotes Mojca Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Was he a good kisser, Ms. Lane?” Barrons asked, watching me carefully.
I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand at the memory. “It was like being owned.”
Some women like that.”
Not me.”
Perhaps it depends on the man doing the owning.”
I doubt it. I couldn’t breathe with him kissing me.”
One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence.”
Right, and one day my prince might come.”
I doubt he’ll be a prince, Ms. Lane. Men rarely are.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Burns from dropped matches, Ms. Lane? Matches one might have dropped while flirting with a pernicious
Fae, Ms. Lane? Have you any idea the value of this rug?”

I didn’t think his nostrils could flare any wider. His eyes were black flame. “Pernicious? Good grief, is English
your second language? Third?” Only someone who’d learned English from a dictionary would use such a word.

“Fifth,” he snarled. “Answer me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”

Karen Marie Moning
“His hand was on my throat, and he was crushing me back with his body into the cold steel beam behind me. "Yes, I have loved, Ms. Lane, and although it‘s none of your business, I have lost. Many things. And no, I am not like any other player in this game and I will never be like V‘lane, and I get a hard-on a great deal more often than occasionally." He leaned fully against me and I gasped.

"Sometimes it‘s over a spoiled little girl, not a woman at all. And yes, I trashed the bookstore when I couldn‘t find you. You‘ll have to choose a new bedroom, too. And I‘m sorry your pretty little world got all screwed up, but everybody‘s does, and you go on. It‘s how you go on that defines you." His hand relaxed on my throat. "And I am going to tattoo you, Ms. Lane, however and wherever I please.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I couldn‘t tell the difference between the two of you anymore!" he roared.

I smashed my fist into his face. Lies roll off us. It‘s the truths we work hardest to silence.

Then you weren‘t looking hard enough! I‘m the one with boobs!"

I know you‘re the one with boobs!They‘re in my fucking face every fucking time I turn around!”

Karen Marie Moning
“Maybe you need to get a grip on your libido, Barrons!"
Fuck you, Ms. Lane!"
You just try. I‘ll kick the shit out of you!"
You think you could?"
Bring it on."

He grabbed a fistful of my T-shirt, and dragged me up against him until our noses touched.
I‘ll bring it on, Ms. Lane. But remember you asked for it. So don‘t even think about trying to tap out on the mat and quit the fight."
You hear anybody crying ‗Uncle‘ here, Barrons? I don‘t."
Fine."
Fine.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I get off on a man with strong moral fiber. The closest Barrons ever gets to fiber is walking down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your
head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and
purrs.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Barrons, Jericho: I haven't the faintest fecking clue. He keeps saving my life. I suppose that's something.”

“What are you Barrons?”
“The one who will never let you die, and that’s more, Ms Lane, than anyone in your life has been able to say to you. More than anyone else can do”

Karen Marie Moning
“I’m asking the questions tonight.” One day I was going to write a book: How to Dictate to a Dictator
and Evade an Evader, subtitled How to Handle Jericho Barrons.”
tags: mac