Malissa's Reviews > Hook

Hook by Gina L. Maxwell

Fast and furious, just finished.

I knew Hook’s story was going to be a bit of a roller coaster, but I didn’t realize just how meaningful it would be. Hook’s story isn’t just about overcoming, its about learning to believe in your own self worth, learning to trust that others can care for you, and most importantly learning to let your heart feel, both pain and joy.

I know from her posts this was a challenging book for Gina to write and I’m so proud of her for taking the extra time to make sure it was right, because she told Hook and John’s story beautifully. This is a romance, but it’s a romance that’s balanced perfectly between the steam, the heart, the action, and the base storyline. It all flows together seamlessly.

Hook’s story was tough to read at times, but overall just a straight (no pun intended) up beautiful story of love and redemption, the redemption happening within Hook himself! Also, while I think Pan is great and you should read it too, Hook can be read as a Stand-alone , though you’ll be missing a bit of backstory, just an FYI. Also, I keep focusing on Hook but John is an amazing character as well, total badass with a heart of gold!

I can’t wait for more of this series, I fall deeper into ‘love’ with all of the Lost Boys/Pirates each book, these are characters that are sure to stick with you and drag you back into their (sometimes ugly) fairytales, again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hook.

August 16, 2019 – Shelved