Hayley's Reviews > The Time Machine

The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

Mar 13, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, classics, fantasy, science-fiction, school, time-travel, own-digital

A good, classic read, nice and short, though nothing I could really sink my teeth into. I'm not sure if it was the unbelievability of the future (but whether that's the writing/plot, or just my differeing view of the future, I'm not sure); the characters were all ignorant, noble, 19th century men, with barely a women in sight. The thoughts about the future certainlly give you something to think about, but just wasn't really anything I enjoyed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Time Machine.

March 13, 2012 – Shelved
March 13, 2012 –
32.0% ""As I stood there in the gathering dark I thought that in this simple explanation I had mastered the problem of the world—mastered the whole secret of these delicious people. Possibly the checks they had devised for the increase of population had succeeded too well, and their numbers had rather diminished than kept stationary...""
March 14, 2012 – Started Reading
March 14, 2012 –
80.0% ""'But as I walked over the smoking ashes under the bright morning sky, I made a discovery. In my trouser pocket were still some loose matches. The box must have leaked before it was lost...""
March 15, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012