Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Zero Balance

Zero Balance by Ashley Fontainne

I can't stop thinking about this book!

ZERO BALANCE is book two in the Eviscerating the Snake series. I highly recommend that you read book one, ACCOUNTABLE TO NONE, first, so you don't miss a thing.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! Often times a reader will pick up the second book in a series to be sorely disappointed because they enjoyed the first book so much. That is not the case with ZERO BALANCE by ASHLEY FONTAINNE. I'm going to try to write this review without giving too much of the story away. That's going to be tough, though, because I could talk about ZERO BALANCE for hours!

The story picks up one week prior to Olin's trial. Audra is starting to feel guilty about taking vengeance out on all the partners instead of focusing on Olin. Little does she know that she's awakened the sleeping psycho in the remaining partners at the accounting firm and they're out to get a little justice of their own. And then there's Piper, the unexpected villain.

When an author deals with a psychotic personality, it is sometimes difficult for the reader to get too close to that character. Through Ms. Fontainne's writing, we, as normal, well adjusted people, are taken into the mind of a truly demented mentally ill woman. This was done flawlessly through Ms. Fontainne's writing each chapter in ZERO BALANCE through the eyes of a specific character. For a short time, we, as readers, are thrown into a truly twisted mindset. I must say, I was very uncomfortable being there, but I loved the fact that the author was able to make me understand the depths of Piper's anger and excitement at taking another life through her mental illness.

If you ask me, ZERO BALANCE can't be pigeonholed into one specific genre. This is a suspense, thriller, dark fearsome horror story with a little romance thrown in. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE THIRD IN THE SERIES COMES OUT!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zero Balance.

March 13, 2012 – Shelved